Saturday, March 15, 2008

Region Drama Competition!!



Today I went to Weber High School in Ogden Ut to compete in the region drama festival. The competition is broken down into a few catagories... Contrasting Monolouge (You have to memorize 2 monolouges, each under a minute long, one being a humorous monolouge and one being dramatic. The ajudicators judge you on how well you can change characters and emotions.) Dramatic Monolouge, Humorous Monolouge (self explanitory) Pantomime (no words, props, or costumes) and Musical Theater Scenes. (sing one song from a musical). I competed in Humorous Monolouge and Musical theater scene. In the humorous catagory you go sit in 3 different class rooms with 3 different judges a perform you monlouge 3 times. And in Musical theater scene you perform it once for 3 judges and all the contestants who compeated through out the day! In my humorous rounds I did a monolouge from a play call "The Marrage of Betty and Boo" by Christopher Durange. I played a Minister named Father Donnally, who is sick and tired of newlyweds comming to him after they get

This is me after I got my medal.

married and wanting a devorce. The song I did was "On the street where you live" By Lerner and Lewis' "My Fair Lady". (That did not get very well!)

Your jugeing is as follows... You either get a SUPERIOR, EXELLENT, GOOD, FAIR. To qualify to go to state you have to get at least 2 Superiors overall to go. But to medal you have to get all 3 of your judges to give you a Superior. The Picture is of me after I medaled in my humorous category. So now I will be going to State Competition.

3 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

Good Job Tanner!!!

Dave

Ron and Cammy said...

Thank you. It was very fun, I really enjoyed it! :-)

Dannette & Mark said...

Right on Tanner! Your the MAN!